Monday, June 8, 2009

PASS THAT RECIPE DOWN TODAY


WOW! It's been a while since I last blogged. My wife and I have been extremely busy focusing on our amazing and talented children’s activities and education. 

I am now working on a new book project called ("The America I AM Pass It Down Cookbook"), scheduled to be published by Smiley Books in 2010. This cookbook will be filled with pass it down recipes, accompanied by family food imprint stories.

If you are interested in having your family recipe considered to be a part of this book, go to www.passitdowncookbook.com to submit your recipe for consideration. 

Good luck to you all!

Bon Appétit-Chef Jeff

2 comments:

Cookenstein said...

Chef Jeff, I am in awe. I imagine the compliments you receive from your book likely come fast and furious. I have had your book with me for several months now, on audio, and have listened on one of my many drives to one of my locations.

the story, and how you tell it is incredible. While we come from completely different backgrounds in life, my life in the kitchen started in my early teens in a military school mess hall, and somehow I managed to get through the drugs and alcohol part of my life to realize I was a pretty good Chef. I like yourself, had a couple of key mentors that managed to think enough of me, not to let me get lost in the mire, that is the wrong directions in life.

20 years ago this past March, I celebrated quietly my clean and sobriety date, and am still amazed today that I have made it this far. You however, have taken some amazing steps to give back and while I certainly am not as involved in the kitchen aspect of foodservice today as i once was, my interests, and passion still lies there. I started www.cookenstein.com to somewhat start to assemble my life's history and maybe future there. It has a long ways to go, but it is something.

Again, I cannot thank you enough for this book you have written. Things in life no matter how much or how little show us what we are capable of. Yours is truly an incredible story, and I am passing along those feelings to anyone whom will listen.
Best wishes to you and your wonderful family.

Sincerely, Kevin Wilson

Unknown said...

Hello Chef,

I really enjoyed the Chef Jeff Project TV show last year and I was wondering if there are any news of it coming back this fall.

Where could I find updates on how the members of the crew are fulfilling their dream of getting into the culinary world.

I think the idea behind the Chef Jeff Project is really great and it could make a real impact in other fields besides culinary arts if other people would take the same initiative.